How to easily add / embed Google maps in Blogger blog page and sidebarPosted in Blogging By Sureyea
Showing your business location by adding your address details somewhere at the corner of your webpage is an old school method. When it comes to online business you have to let your customers and visitors know about your business location. So why not assist them to easily find out your location by adding interactive Google maps in your Blogger blog? Especially if your business is listed in Google places, you can embed your exact location with more details. Here in this post we will see how to easily add / embed Google maps in Blogger blog pages, posts and even in sidebar.
It doesn’t matter whether you are using Blogger as a personal blog, travel blog, for promoting business or to share some information. Google maps will be useful at times in order to show off your holiday destination, business location and tourist spots. So embedding Google maps will really enhance your user experience. Yes because Google maps are flexible, has got more features and moreover it is easy to embed.
You can embed Google maps in to your blog in three magnifying views such as normal map, satellite map and street view. Normal map will just show your location from top angle and that will be useful to find directions. You well know about satellite maps where you can discover the whole world in high resolution satellite images. Another advanced technology is the street view where one can navigate through streets and see real architectures. In this article we show you how to embed Google satellite map as well as street view.
Related: How to embed Google maps in wordpress site
How to add / embed Google maps in blogger blogs
First head to Google maps and find out your business location in search box. You can enter your city name, street name or even address and Google maps are smarter to find out the exact location. If your business is verified in Google places then you can easily spot out your location with marker.
After spotting your location, just click the link icon that lies below the search bar and next to print icon. Now you will see a link below which says “customize and preview embedded map”. Click on that link and you will see a popup window which previews your map location. Now in that preview window center your exact location, set map size and select any one from (normal map or satellite map or terrain map). After finalizing the preview you will see an iFrame embed code below, just keep the window open and now jump to your Blogger blog.
Adding / Embedding Google maps in Blogger posts and pages
Now in Blogger open your posts or pages for example you can embed your map location in contact us page. Switch to HTML editor and now paste the embed code. You can preview the map by switching to normal compose mode or you can preview the total page. Click on publish when everything looks fine. You are done embedding Google maps in your Blogger blog page. We will now see how to embed Google maps in Blogger sidebar.
Embedding Google maps in sidebar
Currently Blogger don’t have any gadgets or widgets in order to add Google maps in your blog sidebar. Anyways adding Google maps in your blog sidebar is same as simple what you did above. Grab the iFrame embed code, but make sure you are setting custom width and height, so that the map fits in to your sidebar.
How to add / embed Goggle street view in Blogger
In Google maps you will see a human icon just above the zooming bar. Click on the icon and just drop it on streets. Note Google street view is available only in popular cities. Now click customize and preview embedded map after spotting the location. If you wish so, then set custom width and height. Now grab the embed code and paste it in HTML editor and publish. By embedding Google street view your customers will find an easy way to your business location.
Hope this post helped you on how to embed Google maps in Blogger blog. Share it and subscribe to our RSS feeds.
- Creating pages and adding menu tabs in Blogger blog Recently we posted an article on beginners guide to blogging with Blogger, but what you might ask is, haven’t you explained about creating pages and menu tabs on that beginners...
- Running widgets for Blogger – Facebook Twitter RSS social trucks We are sharing more internet tips and tricks and more how to guides with Blogger. Follow Blog Time Now in Facebook, Twitter and RSS and get the latest updates from...
- How to add related posts to Blogger – Related posts widget for Blogger Blogging is a one nice way to help peoples. Do you agree? Yes, then why don’t you help them more by showing and linking to one of your related posts?...
- Add hit counter to Blogger – Flag counter and live traffic feed widget Want to reveal the traffic flow to your site visitors? You might have seen in many blogs (especially in BlogSpot) that display visitor counts with country names and flags in...
- Splitting a long blog post in Blogger into multiple pages After publishing this article on splitting wordpress posts into multiple pages few folks asked us about doing it in Blogger that is to split long blog post into multiple pages...