Setup nRelate related posts widget in Blogger –LinkWithin alternativePosted in Blogging By Sureyea
As you all know internal linking is more beneficial for the purpose of SEO, for you and your users. Adding related posts below your blog posts helps your site visitors as well as it helps in increasing your sites page views. So we made an article on adding related posts widget using LinkWithin. Recently we found out that LinkWithin site is down for maintenance. So here we will see how to setup nRelate related posts widget in Blogger.
nRelate related post is better than LinkWithin
Other than maintenance we found out more issues with LinkWithin and yes! nRelate related posts is best. First of all LinkWithin is not good for your SEO, we noticed that LinkWithin related posts are redirecting your site traffic to their site and directing back to your pages. You are passing your PageRank and link juice to LinkWithin from all your pages. Also there are few who mentioned that LinkWithin is showing unrelated posts. That’s why you need to switch to nRelate related posts widget where you can get more features than LinkWithin. So if you are using LinkWithin, better remove it and install nRelate related posts widget in your Blogger blog.
Features of nRelate:
- You can change your thumbnail size
- You have the option to choose from six different styles
- You can choose the relevancy level for related posts
- Join nRelate partner program and make money
- You can link default image for thumbnail
- You can display a maximum of 10 related posts in each blog pages
- nRelate works on wordpress, Blogger and Tumblr
- You can limit number of characters for title, excerpts and much more.
How to setup nRelate related posts in Blogger
- Go to nRelate registration page and create a new account. Once done activate in your mail and login to nRelate.
- After logging in click on install at the menu next to logo and select the platform that is Blogger.
- Now at the next page enter your site URL and click submit
- Now you will have three options to choose from where you need to install the widget. Posts only, post and homepage and all pages.
- Select “posts only” option which takes you to next page to add page element.
- Select your blog, change the title as “you might also like” or “Related posts” and click on add widget.
- Now it will take you to your blogs layout page. For best results drag the nRelate related posts widget from sidebar to below your posts and click save arrangement.
Go and check your blog where you have added related posts widget using nRelate. If you don’t like the look and feel or if you wish to modify based on your blogs appearance, then customize nRelate.
Customizing nRelate related posts widget
To customize nRelate related posts widget login to your nRelate account and at the top menu click on settings or go to settings here .
In settings page you will have more option to modify the related posts widget.
Main settings: Here you can change the related posts format to text or thumbnails and you can choose your thumbnail size. Select from six different styles Trendland, Bloginity, LinkWithin, ToonBarn and Poloraid. You can change the related post title, set the relevancy to low, medium or high as you like and you have more options.
Removing nRelate logo – to remove nRelate logo from your page uncheck this box which says “support nRelate by displaying our logo”.
The next thing you will see is advertising settings and partner settings in which you can display ads and related content from partner sites.
Make all changes to your nRelate related posts widget, click save and now check your blog. Your blog has a pretty looking related posts below each of your blog posts that is linking to relevant results.
- How to add related posts to Blogger – Related posts widget for Blogger Blogging is a one nice way to help peoples. Do you agree? Yes, then why don’t you help them more by showing and linking to one of your related posts?...
- Creating pages and adding menu tabs in Blogger blog Recently we posted an article on beginners guide to blogging with Blogger, but what you might ask is, haven’t you explained about creating pages and menu tabs on that beginners...
- Running widgets for Blogger – Facebook Twitter RSS social trucks We are sharing more internet tips and tricks and more how to guides with Blogger. Follow Blog Time Now in Facebook, Twitter and RSS and get the latest updates from...
- How to easily add / embed Google maps in Blogger blog page and sidebar Showing your business location by adding your address details somewhere at the corner of your webpage is an old school method. When it comes to online business you have to...
- Add hit counter to Blogger – Flag counter and live traffic feed widget Want to reveal the traffic flow to your site visitors? You might have seen in many blogs (especially in BlogSpot) that display visitor counts with country names and flags in...