How to create simple and short Amazon affiliate URLs / linksPosted in Money Making By Sureyea
If you are much into Amazon affiliate program then you pretty well know about those messy affiliate links. Advertising Amazon products and making money is a fun, but most people hesitate to share the link in social networks and that is because of its long ugly URLs.
Also read: How to create and track Amazon affiliate links
If you are promoting Amazon products using your website then there is nothing bothers you. You will have all the control and you can simple cloak those affiliate links into something unique. But what will you do when you are promoting Amazon products in social networks. Usually people will use URL shorteners like goo.gl, bit.ly etc which is not necessary because Amazon itself has a link shortener (AMZN.com). Here is a quick tip, for anyone who is looking to create a simple and short Amazon affiliate links.
Related: How to embed Amazon affiliate links in Facebook and Twitter
Lengthy Amazon affiliate URL
Normally the affiliate URL or link that you grab in Amazon associates site looks something like this.
Simple Amazon affiliate link
You can manually shorten the above link and make it simple like this one below. That is http://www.amazon.com/dp/ASIN/?tag=your-affiliate-ID where ASIN is Amazon Standard Identification Number which you can find in each and every products page that is in product details. Next to ASIN add your affiliate ID or tracking ID that is after ?tag=.
Short Amazon affiliate link
You can still shorten the affiliate link using AMZN.com link shortener like this. http://amzn.com/ASIN/?tag=your-affiliate-ID
Alright, all the above is a manual try and so before your promote the affiliate links make sure to check whether the link is tagging to your associates ID using Amazon link checker tool.
There is a much better way to create short Amazon affiliate URLs, here is how you do it.
How to create short Amazon affiliate URLs
Login to your Amazon affiliate account and at the affiliate homepage you will see search for a product. Now visit Amazon.com, grab the ASIN code of the product or copy the product title that you wish to promote and then paste it in search bar.
Now you will get several results and at the right hand side you will see get link option. Just drop down and choose “shorten URL with amzn.to?” which will get you a short affiliate URL. That’s it!
Hope this post helped you on how to create simple and short Amazon affiliate links.
- How to create Amazon affiliate links – Create, track affiliate links Do you know that Amazon pays you for recommending products? Amazon is a trustworthy and well known company globally and there are tons of products stocked. Therefore now and then...
- Easily put / embed Amazon affiliate links in Facebook and Twitter Making your very first penny just after creating an affiliate account in Amazon is some kind of real excitement. You can achieve this easily if you are well focused and...
- How to make money with Amazon affiliate program – Starter Guide In addition to Google adsense promoting affiliate products is one way to make extra money from your blog which you all know. There are more affiliate programs you can promote...
- URL shortener – List of free URL shortener services to shorten links URL – Uniform Resource Locator is the address used to find out files, pages, programs, documents, etc on the World Wide Web. Each and every webpage has its own unique...
- How to Insert Amazon widgets in your website – Affiliate widgets Marketing affiliate products and making huge cash online is not a new trend, but the way people use to promote the products has been changed. Only after several attempts you...