How to embed part of a YouTube Video in website with start and end timePosted in Tips & Tricks By Sureyea
Don’t like to embed a long YouTube video in your website then just embed part of a YouTube video with specific start and end time. In recent times we shared some cool and useful articles about YouTube and one that is related to this is embedding YouTube videos without YouTube logo. Hope that really helped you and also you can make use of YouTube tips and tricks that will give you better YouTube experience. Here we will see how to embed part of a YouTube video that is embedding YouTube video in your website with specific start and end time.
At sometimes you might embed a lengthy YouTube video in your site and make a note to your site visitors telling them to just watch that specific portion. This is unnecessary and there are few who download the video from YouTube, then edit it, re upload it and then share it in their site which is time consuming. So here we will see how to embed part of a YouTube video with specific start and end time using normal iframe embed.
Related: How to add logo to YouTube videos
How to embed part of a YouTube video with specific start and end time
For example let’s say you want to embed a movie in to your site and you want your visitors to focus on that particular scene. To do so you have to make the video start from x seconds and stop at y seconds. Here you go!
Go to YouTube and find a video that you like to embed in your site and simply grab the iframe embed code. Now your embed code looks like the one below.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/dv_gOBi8Wpk?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
To make a video start and end at specific time we are going to add start and end parameter next to ?rel=0 that is &start=xxxx&end=yyyy. So the final embed code should look like this.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/dv_gOBi8Wpk?rel=0& start=xxxx&end=yyyy ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
If you checked show related videos at the end then you wont see ?rel=0 at the end of the URL. In that case you have to just add ?start=xxxx&end=yyyy at the end of the URL before quotation mark. It will look like this.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/dv_gOBi8Wpk?start=xxxx&end=yyyy ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Related: How to add external clickable links in YouTube video
In the above code you can see xxxx and yyyy in which the video will start from x seconds and ends at y seconds. For example if you want to start a video from 05:25 (mm:ss) then simply specify the start time as start=325 (5*60+25 = 325) and do the same for the end parameter.
The final video will look like this.
Chop YouTube videos using TubeChop
TubeChop is an online tool that makes you easy to chop part of the video and embed it in your site. Just enter your YouTube URL, set start time, end time and then grab the embed code and paste it in your site. The main drawback of this tool is that removes YouTube.com and adds tubechop.com in the embed code which is less reliable. Any how the above method is not much complicated and so you can embed part of a YouTube video is your site manually.
- how to add logo to YouTube videos for branding You might have seen many popular channels in YouTube have their brand logo sticking some corner of the video. So how do they add it? Do they add it to...
- YouTube tips and tricks for better YouTube experience We all know that YouTube is the largest video streaming site in the world. Whatever it may be like music videos, funny clips, tutorials, reviews and even movies the ultimate...
- Play / Watch YouTube videos and YouTube playlist in VLC media player There are many YouTube lovers out there including me, so we once shared a post on YouTube tips and tricks. Just like YouTube, people love VLC media player the most...
- How to embed Facebook videos in your website – WordPress and Blogger We have shared the importance of both article marketing as well as video marketing. When compared to texts and images, videos are really great in conveying a message. It transmits...
- How to add subscription link to YouTube videos – Add subscribe button YouTube is not just a place for hosting videos; it is a community where you can meet and engage with people, business of same niche. With YouTube you can effectively...