Are you planning to make changes to your Blogger template? Good you should, because sites layout and its appearance are more important to catch your reader’s eyes. But before making changes to your Blogger template you must first backup your Blogger templates. In this post let’s see how to backup Blogger template and if anything goes wrong then how to restore Blogger template.
Backup is really essential for Bloggers. When editing there are chances for your template to crash and it will affect the complete site layout. At that instance you can revert it to your previous template by restoring it from backup. Backing up Blogger template is really simple as you can see below.
How to backup Blogger template
- Login to your Blogger blog and select the blog to backup
- In your blogs dashboard open templates
- Now in the top right corner you can see Backup/Restore button
- Open it and select download full template.
- Name the template and choose location to save in your PC.
Now you have a backup of your Blogger template. Now you can make changes to your template and if anything goes wrong you can simply restore the template.
How to restore Blogger template
It same and simple what you did for backup
- Go to your Blogger dashboard and open templates
- Select Backup/Restore button from top right corner
- Choose a template file from your computer and click upload. You have restored your template!
Note: The template file should be in XML file when you upload.
You can use this simple technique to use templates from other blogs. So if you have a list of blogs and you have a good looking template for one blog. Then you can simply restore that template to your other blogs.
Hope this helped you on how to backup Blogger template and how to restore Blogger template. Please share and leave your comments below.