How to add Google plus +1 and “add to circles” badge in wordpress sitePosted in Wordpress By Sureyea
After reading our article on Facebook like box, hope you have added Facebook like box in your wordpress website. Have you got a page in Google plus, then why not add your Google plus page badge in your wordpress website. Just like Facebook, Google plus provides various badges and +1 buttons for bloggers and webmasters. Here we will show you how to add Google plus +1 button and “add to circles” badge in wordpress site.
Related: Social widgets for Blogger
To get more Google plus followers for your page and to get more recommendation on Google search it is suggested that you link your Google plus page with your website. Hold on, you still don’t have a Google plus page for your website then it’s time to create one. Here is how to create Google plus page for your blog and business.
Google plus badge for wordpress
Google plus badge comes in three different types that is profile badge, page badge and community badge. Also Google plus offers +1 button where people can publicly recommend your page on Google, share button in which people can share your website on Google plus and follow button where fans can follow your page. You can get all the buttons and badges from Google developers site which we will discuss here.
After adding Google plus badge in your website people can follow your page (circle your page) and can publicly recommend using the +1 button. Adding Google plus badge in your wordpress website is quite easy; here is how you do that.
How to add Google plus +1 and “add to circles” badge in wordpress site
Step 1: Go to Google developers badge page and then enter your Google plus profile or Google plus page or Google plus community URL. If you are logged into your Google account then you can simply choose your Google+ user.
Step 2: Next start customizing your badge. You can choose whether icon or badge, portrait or landscape, choose width to fit your sidebar, color theme, cover photo, tagline and you can see the preview of the badge towards the right side.
Step 3: Now at the bottom of the preview you will see a snippet like this. Just copy that entire code and move on to your wordpress site.
Step 4: Login to your wordpress site, go to Appearance >> widgets, add text widget to your sidebar and then place the code in. That’s it! Now you can see your Google plus page badge in your wordpress site.
Google plus badge wordpress plugin
You can also try Google plus badge plugin for wordpress. This fancy plugins sticks in your website and when you hover on the icon it gets you a Google plus badge.
Hope this post helped you to add Google plus badge in your wordpress website. If you like this post then circle us on Google plus.
- How to setup, configure and use All in one SEO pack – WordPress plugin If you are following Blog Time Now you might noticed that we have listed All in one SEO pack as highly recommended wordpress plugins. In Blog Time Now we use...
- How to mass delete comments in wordpress – spam, pending & approved Just create a new wordpress site and fill up with few posts and see how the comment numbers are building up day by day. The number of comments can indicate...
- How to deactivate wordpress plugins manually using FTP and phpMyAdmin You can customize and add extra features to your wordpress site by using plugins. Each and every wordpress plugins are tested before it gets available in wordpress community. If even...
- Prevent image hotlinking with .htaccess in wordpress – Hotlink protection Are you concerned about people stealing images from your website? We are not asking about people who copy images, we are talking about image hotlinking. Content scrapers – Yes, spammers...
- How to test a wordpress theme without changing it for live visitors Is your site’s current theme is very slow or does it has too many glitches or you are unsatisfied with your site’s appearance? For any of such issues all you...