How to download all Facebook data – Backup your entire FB data / infoPosted in Social Media By Sureyea
There are billions of people having their account active on Facebook and the number increases day by day. Do you know how Facebook attained such fame? Only Mark and his team know the secret. The entire concept behind Facebook is simple, just interaction; it made people to communicate better. The growing population on Facebook has made itself the biggest resource to find information on any individual (A preferred portal for communication).
Think about all your personal data and information that you uploaded to Facebook database for more than years. All that happening moments (videos, photos, and messages) are really valuable, so why not have a backup on all your Facebook data. Here in this article we will see how to download all Facebook data.
Related: How to download all data from Google using Google Takeout
In Google you can download all your data using Google Takeout. Just like that Facebook lets you to download every single piece of information that you used and uploaded on Facebook. People who are really fed up using Facebook for years will likely think about discontinuing the service. Before deactivating the account they can have the backup of all their data. Backing up your Facebook data is essential when you think about renovating your profile by deleting history, pictures and videos.
Now it’s time to request a copy of all your personal information that Facebook holds. Downloading all your data from Facebook is simple, just follow the steps below.
Related: How to clear Facebook search history
How to download all Facebook data – Backup your entire Facebook data
When on Facebook, you will see a gear icon at the top right corner just next to your username. Click on that and select account settings. Now in account settings you will notice a link saying “download a copy of you Facebook data” that is under language settings.
This link will take you to next page which says download your information “A copy of personal information you’ve shared on Facebook.
Your personal information is something more sensitive, so to download archive you will be asked to re-enter your Facebook account password.
After entering your password, click on start my archive and lean back. Be patient until Facebook collects all your data and creates an archive. The process will take a while depending upon how much content you have fed in to Facebook from the beginning.
You don’t have to keep the page open until you get your download. When Facebook completes your request it will automatically sends a notification to your e-mail address. Click on the link from email before it expires or else you have to start the process again. Don’t panic, the link will be active for more than a day and creating your archive is not that difficult.
Now you have downloaded all your Facebook data to your PC in a zip file. Extract it and there you are in which the file contains all your photos and videos.
Take a look at this video below on downloading all your data from Facebook
What is included in Facebook data archives?
The downloaded zip file contains all the following information.
- About me information that you added in your timeline which includes your work, address, relationship and education.
- All your chat history, conversations and messages that you left on Facebook
- List of all your friends
- Your timeline photos, profile pictures, cover photos and videos
- All events that you created, your friends invited and joined.
- Comments that you made on your timeline, your friends timeline, on posts, photos etc.
- All wall activities such as pages, photos, posts, videos that you liked, shared and tagged.
- Ads – List of your ad topics based on your likes and interests. All the ads that you clicked in Facebook.
- List of pokes that you have made on others and pokes that you received.
- All your Facebook account settings, notification settings and privacy settings.
- Active sessions details – Contains all your account login and logout information based on date, time, IP address, browser and cookie details.
You can find more information here at Facebook help center
It’s really nice to look at the profile timeline from the beginning. It calls our memories back, thanks to Facebook for providing this feature. Finally note that the downloaded file contains your timeline information which is more private, so it’s your responsibility to secure it.
Hope this post guided you on how to download all Facebook data. If you enjoyed this post then share it and like us on Facebook.
- How to hide Facebook posts from certain people (Public, family, Boss) Most of the Facebook users including me don’t’ like to share their personal information to the whole world. Facebook is a wide network with billions of users that connects us...
- How to clear Facebook search history – Delete awful search bar history Just like news feed and timeline, Facebook introduced another new technology just in March 2013 and they named it as Facebook Graph search. It is a semantic search engine that...
- Top 10 most popular social networking sites – 2013 As you all know Social networking website is an online community a place or service that helps to build social relation and social networks among people. You can share your...
- Export Facebook friends birthdays to Google calendar, iCal and Excel Facebook is a widest network in the world connecting each other. Making a birthday wishes has become more popular in Facebook. If any of your Friends has a birthday you...
- How to transfer / merge Google plus account to another account Got two Google accounts and want to merge or transfer your Google plus circles from one account to another account. We recently discussed about downloading your data from Google using...