How to embed SoundCloud in Blogger – Add SoundCloud track and playlistPosted in Blogging, How to By Sureyea
I myself spend more time in SoundCloud than Facebook because I love exploring latest EDM tunes. How about you and what’s your favorite music genre? Whatever it may be, SoundCloud is undoubtedly the ultimate place for music lovers. With 2 hours of free upload anyone can upload music, record sounds, and promote it. After reading our post on embedding media files in wordpress, a visitor asked us about embedding SoundCloud tracks in his Blogger blog. Here we will see how to embed SoundCloud in Blogger blogs.
YouTube is for video and SoundCloud is for audio. Just like YouTube and Vimeo; uploading audio files in SoundCloud is quite simple. We will also see uploading your own sounds in SoundCloud. Other than uploading tracks, SoundCloud lets you to share your own sounds or other artist tracks to social networks. As well as with more customizable options you can embed any tracks in to your blog posts. Here we will see on embedding SoundCloud audio tracks as and the entire playlists in Blogger posts. This topic will be useful for people who run their blog in music niche.
Upload your sounds to SoundCloud
Do you have an account at SoundCloud; if not then it’s simple to create one. Go to soundcloud.com and create a new account or you can sign in using your Facebook or Google plus account.
After the SoundCloud account setup you can start uploading your own sounds that is up to 2 hours (free space). Now click on upload from the top menu bar and record sound or choose an audio file from your computer.
Upload will take few seconds to few minutes depending upon the file size and SoundCloud supports various file formats. When upload is in process you can add title, description, tags and enter the genre for your music file. Now at the bottom click on enable widgets, by enabling this player widget you and others can embed your track anywhere on the web. Click save when you are done and your sound is now live at soundcloud.com.
How to embed SoundCloud in Blogger
You can download, share or embed your own track or other artist tracks, but only if they enabled those features. Just like uploading, SoundCloud provides you with more options in order to share and embed a track.
Click on share button below the audio file and a screen pops out. You will see three options that is share, embed and message. Just choose embed option, now before grabbing the embed code you can choose to show artwork, auto play and you can even pick the color for the play button. Copy the iframe embed code after the player customization.
Now login to your Blogger blog, choose the blog, add new post and switch to HTML editor. Now paste the iframe embed code in to it and publish the post when you are done. The embedded SoundCloud player just looks like this.
Embedding SoundCloud playlist in Blogger
If you are running a music blog then you think about embedding the entire playlist of a particular artist. Find the playlist that you wish to embed; next below to the artist image you will see share option. Just click on share, choose embed and then embed the entire playlist just like we mentioned above.
Hope this helped you on how to embed SoundCloud tracks and playlist in Blogger. If it is useful then please share it and feel free to mention your music genre by commenting below. Thanks for reading, to get more tips we suggest you to subscribe our RSS feeds.
- Changing highlighted text selection color in Blogger blog – CSS Trick Want to show something different in your Blogger blog just like the running trucks then here you go. Here we will see a simple CSS trick that changes the highlighted...
- How to enable or disable comments on Blogger pages & posts Commenting system on blogs is a great way to share the experience, interact and engage with your site visitors. Blogs traffic can be measured using comments that a blog is...
- How to recover deleted Blogger blog – Restore deleted blog in Blogger Blogger is a free blogging tool with several limits where one can create up to 100 blogs per account. Since it is free and with a limit of 100 blogs,...
- How to find out Blogger blog ID and post ID – Unique ID number Beginners who think about blogging will likely begin their journey from Blogger. Blogger is one of the widely used blogging platform and that’s mainly because it’s free, easy to use,...
- Make Blogger blog mobile friendly – Redirect mobile users to mobile site Trends in technology have been changed and that is mainly when smart phones and tablets arrived. Do you have any idea about visitors who arrive to your blog from mobile...