You might visit a wordpress site and wonder what wordpress theme is being used. Here in this post let’s see how to find out what wordpress theme & plugin a site uses.
WordPress is an open source and powerful blogging tool which is free as well as easy to use. Across the World Wide Web there are 60+ million sites powered by wordpress. You can get tons of free themes and plugins from wordpress.org. Other than that you can get premium eye catching wordpress themes from Themify, Elegant themes, Theme Forrest, Mojo Themes and Theme Fuse. But what if you wish to know or buy Theme that you are attracted to some site.
Below are two common and simple methods on how to find out what wordpress theme someone is using as well as plugin. This two method works for most of the sites, but however there are some who hide their themes. Also there are plugins that even hides wordpress that is being used in a website. Use Hide My Wp plugin and no one knows that you are using wordpress.
How to find out what wordpress theme a site uses
- Go to a wordpress site that attracts you the most
- Just right click and view page source
- Now a new page will open up with all source codes
- Just press Ctrl+F and type the word ”themes” in search bar
- You will get few results and it looks like this wp-content/themes/name-of-the-theme
How to find out what wordpress plugin a site uses
- It’s the same what you did for finding themes, Pick a wordpress site
- Right click and select view page source
- Press Ctrl+F and type the word “plugins” in search bar and you will get the results like one below.
Third party service to find out wordpress theme and plugins
You can use two sites wpthemedetector.com and whatwpthemeisthat.com to find out what wordpress theme and plugins a site is using.
Go to any one of the above two sites and just enter the name of the site and check site. These two sites will get you the available information of the theme and plugin that’s been used in a site. It shows you the theme name, theme version, theme site, theme author as well as theme screen shot.
Additionally it will list out the plugins that a site is using. By clicking more info you can go straight to the plugin page.
Hope this helped you to find out theme and plugin that is used by a site.