Your blog’s homepage is more important than any other pages because it is the one that gets more exposure. Each and every blog post vary according to topics and that may not be same in size. Displaying too many posts in your blogs home page especially long posts may reduce your page speed. Also showing too many posts will makes your homepage looks so complex. Here let’s see how to limit or change number of posts displayed on Blogger homepage.
Also read: Importance of page speed for SEO
You all know that Blogger works in reverse chronological order that is it displays your latest post first. People usually land on your blog’s homepage in order to find the content frequency and to pick the topic that they are interested on. Your homepage is the popular point of entry, so make sure you are reducing the page load speed and making your readers to scroll less.
How to limit / change number of posts displayed on Blogger homepage
In Blogger you have the option where you can edit the number of posts to be displayed in homepage. Let’s see how to change.
- Login to your Blogger account and choose your blog.
- Now go to settings >> posts and comments.
- Enter the number of posts to be displayed in show at most on the main page field.
- Save settings and check out your homepage.
- In your Blogger dashboard navigate to Layout menu.
- In Layouts you will see a segment called blog posts.
- Click on edit and now you will see a popup window with several settings.
- Enter the number of posts to be displayed on main page and save.
According to your blog posting frequency you can alter the setting to number of posts or number of days with posts. Based on site layout, niche and post frequency one can change or limit the number of posts in homepage. In Blogger the page size is restricted to 1mb so we suggest you to lower the number of posts in homepage.
Hope this helped you on how to change number of posts displayed on Blogger homepage. Share it and subscribe to our RSS feeds.